jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Baranov <michael.bara...@gmail.com>
Subject Several newbie questions:
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 17:08:30 GMT
Hello!

I'm new to Jackrabbit, so please do not judge harsh.
I'm currently using Hibernate to implement a kind of ad-hoc file system.
Self-referencing node entities etc., you know.  I'm thinking about
replacing it with a JCR implementation, Jackrabbit in particular. I have
several general questions:

1) Can Jackrabbit be configured to store the index data along with the
nodes themselves in a relational DB? I know that's true for nodes for
sure, but what for Lucene index?
2) Do I need Lucene indexing to be able to quickly lookup nodes by UUID?
3) How fast can the UUID lookup be? I mean in terms of number of reads
from file system or DB queries.
4) Can I apply Lucene indexing to properties of nodes selectively, e.g.
define which properties of which nodes to index
5) Can I specify indexing hints for fiels? E.g. index tokenized / index
as single token
6) Can version data be stored in a DB?

Thank you very much!
    Michael.