jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From gvanma...@comcast.net (Gary VanMatre)
Subject Re: Correct uses of jackrabbit
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:51:20 GMT
>From: Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net>
>
> Gary VanMatre wrote:
> > Can principle security be used to define the content? I was thinking in
> > terms of user A belonging with company XYZ might have a different image
> > logo than user B in company ZYX. Or, would this better/correctly managed
> > using different workspaces associated with each company.
>
> this is probably handled better with different workspaces and then provide
> users access to the appropriate workspace.
>
> > Would this be a good fit for jackrabbit? Would it perform well enough to
> > handle serving up the content of each page hit that might in turn
> > require several html templates and images per page? Or, is it more
> > suited as a repository managing artifacts used to assemble a web
> > archive?
>
> I think jackrabbit is a good fit for directly serving content to the
> application. that's basically the idea behind jsr 170 and the content
> repository api.
>
> you also might want to look into the jackrabbit extension-framework under
> contrib to build applications that are tighter integrated into the repository.

Thanks, I'll check out the extension-framework.

Marcel, I enjoyed your presentation on JSR 170 (not JSR-170) at JavaOne.  I had not realized
that it worked with WebDAV.

Going forward, do you see integration with applications at this level (WebDAV) or more using
the direct API?  It would be idea if you could use the java URL object to access content.

> regards
> marcel

Gary