jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:23:31 GMT
Hi!

I have the following node type definitions:

[code]
    <nodeType name="mgnl:contentNode" isMixin="false"
hasOrderableChildNodes="true" primaryItemName="">
        <supertypes>
            <supertype>nt:hierarchyNode</supertype>
        </supertypes>
        <childNodeDefinition name="MetaData"
defaultPrimaryType="mgnl:metaData" autoCreated="true" mandatory="true"
onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" sameNameSiblings="false">
            <requiredPrimaryTypes>
                <requiredPrimaryType>mgnl:metaData</requiredPrimaryType>
            </requiredPrimaryTypes>
        </childNodeDefinition>
        <childNodeDefinition name="*" defaultPrimaryType=""
autoCreated="false" mandatory="false" onParentVersion="COPY"
protected="false" sameNameSiblings="true">
            <requiredPrimaryTypes>
                <requiredPrimaryType>nt:base</requiredPrimaryType>
            </requiredPrimaryTypes>
        </childNodeDefinition>
        <propertyDefinition name="*" requiredType="undefined"
autoCreated="false" mandatory="false" onParentVersion="COPY"
protected="false" multiple="false"/>
    </nodeType>
[/code]

and the mixin

[code]
    <nodeType name="cmed:forumaware" isMixin="true"
hasOrderableChildNodes="false" primaryItemName="">
        <supertypes>
            <supertype>nt:base</supertype>
        </supertypes>
        <propertyDefinition name="cmed:forumId" requiredType="String"
autoCreated="false" mandatory="false" onParentVersion="COPY"
protected="false" multiple="false" />
    </nodeType>
[/code]

If I try to create a node of type mgnl:contentNode that is also
mix:versionable and also cmed:forumaware than I am getting this
exception:

[stack]
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: A property definition
in node type '{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0}unstructured' conflicts
with node type '{http://www.magnolia.info/jcr/mgnl}contentNode':
ambiguous residual property definition
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.addMixin(NodeImpl.java:1033)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.addMixin(NodeImpl.java:2539)
[/stack]

Unfortunately, I am completely unable to understand what is wrong. Can
you please shed some light on it?

many, many thanks in advance,

./alex
--