jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DbFileSystem and SimpleDbPersistenceManager - Connection and PreparedStatement
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:30:19 GMT
hi felix

On 4/21/06, Felix Satyaputra <f_satyaputra@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Just to check if my understanding is correct, can I
> confirm one thing... In JCR spec, threads can read and
> attempt to write asynchronously into repository. But
> when changes is persisted, the change need to be
> applied synchronously (hence the lock file). Am I
> correct to say this?

the .lock file has nothing to do with it. it just prevents
multiple RepositoryImpl instantiation using the same
configuration.

write operations on the persistence layer are synchronized
on a higher level in order to guarantee data consistency/
referential integrity (e.g. node references).

see SharedItemStateManager#begin, #end and #cancel methods.

> If my understanding is correct, can I closely follow
> the behaviour above by doing the following when doing
> read and write in DbFileSystem and DB Persistence
> Manager?
>
> 1. Reopen new JDBC Connection (or reuse from pool)
> 2. Set autocommit to false
> 3. Set transaction isolation to
> TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITED
> 4. Execute all statements required
> 5. Commit the changes
>
> Is this possible?

sorry, can't follow you here. i don't know exactly what you're up to.

cheers
stefan