jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: structure of binary content
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:48:55 GMT
On 4/3/06, samiam <samuel.moser@ams-engineering.com> wrote:

> hi there
>
> i have some questions about binary content. i read this article [1] and
> thought the only way to store binary content in my repo is to use a
> fileNode
> (nt:file) and a subNode of this one called resNode ("jcr:content",
> "nt:resource")
>
> in the API [2] i read, that there is also a setProperty method for an
> inputStream value so i am wondering if it is possible to add binary
> content
> to every Node.
>
> what would be the benefit auf using fileNode and resNode? maybe there is
> something important i just overlooked.

The benefit is that is the structure defined by the JSR-170 spec. So if
other tools/providers/vendors must access to your data it would be more
intuitive to see nt:resources and jcr:content that other random properties.
For example, if you want to use the WebDAV contribution you must follow the
standard, otherwise the DAV adaptor won't understand your content.

Martin