jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tobrien-...@discursive.com>
Subject Loading a Node Type using the RMI client
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:55:04 GMT
I'm trying to load a node type using a Repository created with the
clientFactory.  I tried this:

<code>
ClientRepositoryFactory clientFactory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();
Repository repository = clientFactory.getRepository(rmiLocation);

Session session = repository.login();
Workspace ws = session.getWorkspace();

NodeTypeManagerImpl ntmgr = (NodeTypeManageImpl) ws.getNodeTypeManager();
</code>

But, it threw a ClassCastException when I tried to cast to the node type
manager implementation.   I'm assuming that the NodeTypeManagerImpl isn't
available when you access a repository over RMI.  Correct assumption?  If
so, is there any way to do this over RMI?

Tim O'Brien
tobrien@discursive.com