jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering ETA
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 05:19:51 GMT
Hi,

On 4/10/06, Mike Watson <michael.f.watson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a timeline on how far away clustering support is (JCR-169)?

No. I don't think anyone is actively working on that at the moment.

> Can someone tell me what the current options are? Is the JCR-RMI option
> really useable with this warning:
> "The current JCR-RMI library is designed for simplicity, not performance.
> You will probably experience major performance issues if you try running any
> non-trivial applications on top of JCR-RMI." ???

I could lift that reservation, since a few performance improvements
(like grouping of iterator entries) were included in 1.0. You should
note though, that the fine-grained nature of the JCR-RMI layer
prevents it from becoming suitable for highly performance-critical
applications.

Note also that the JCR-RMI layer is not really a clustering option, it
doesn't even include failover or other high availability features that
could be implemented in a simple form even without real clustering.

BR,

Jukka Zitting