jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Runde, Kevin" <kru...@NameProtect.com>
Subject Help using JCR-RMI
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:56:42 GMT
Hi All,

I have been using Jackrabbit in several small home projects and like it
a lot. At work we are looking to complete change how our whole
infrastructure works. One of the main things we do are reports. Our
reports are really Hierarchical sets of text, images, and audit data. To
be honest this feels like a perfect use of Jackrabbit. There are a few
issues I need to resolve first:

1) Backup: Is it possible to do an "online backup" of a repository and
if so how could this be done.

2) Server Mode: I've seen the JCR-RMI package and tried to get a simple
server running, but keep running into issues. Has anyone gotten an RMI
server running in Java 1.5? If so could you share with me your Daemon
class and the startup options used when you run the Daemon. I saw a
HOWTO 0.2 in the mail archives, but that hasn't helped solve my issues.

3) What are these RMI speed issues I see mentioned? Again I searched the
mail list, but didn't find any thing about it.

Thanks,
Kevin Runde