jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Staudinger <robert.staudin...@salzburgresearch.at>
Subject Jackrabbit with PostgreSQL
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:36:30 GMT
Hello,

i've built a small standalone application that with jackrabbit. As long
as i'm using the DerbyPersistenceManager things work fine but after
switching over to the SimpleDb one (with PostgreSQL) my repository seems
to be write-only (using a privileged accout that lets me modify data in
pgAdmin just fine).

The PersistenceManager definition is lifted from the SimpleDbP.M. javadocs:

         <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">
             <param name="driver" value="org.postgresql.Driver"/>
             <param name="url" value="jdbc:postgresql:jackrabbit"/>
             <param name="schema" value="postgresql"/>
             <param name="user" value="*****"/>
             <param name="password" value="*****"/>
             <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
             <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
         </PersistenceManager>

Same for the versioning P.M. The database "jackrabbit" exists too and i
can connect to the repository just fine. Only when changing data (adding
nodes) i get the following exception:

javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: /: not allowed to modify item at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.validateTransientItems(ItemImpl.java:491)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:1165)
at [application code]

What i'm trying to do here is attaching a child node to the root node.
It works fine with Derby.

Thanks for any advice,
Rob