jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: WebDav
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:54:04 GMT
Patrick Dalla Bernardina wrote:
> I have an WebDav repository and I want to access it using JCR170 in my
> client Java Application. Is there any FileSystem already implemented for
> Webdav repositories?

no. jackrabbit is a full implementation of a jsr-170 repository and does
not act as an adapter to existing 3rd party repositories.
there is a low level api (PersistenceManager) that offers a way to store
content in various storage systems. but it is not designed to retrieve
content from the 3rd party repository in its existing form or data
model. e.g. is assumes that the storage is flat and items are all
addressed with UUIDs.

regards
  marcel