jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Danner, Russ" <Dann...@csps.com>
Subject JCR workspace usage
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 02:54:15 GMT
Let's suppose I am using JCR to manage documents

If I am supporting multiple publications is it advisable to put them all in
the same workspace or in separate work spaces?

If I want to relate documents from different publications, is it no true
that I must put them in the same workspace? The JCR spec is strange in that
it is unclear how nodes in different workspaces work together (it reads a
little bit like alternate universes).

On page 35 of the spec issue last year it gives an example where two
different workspaces have nodes with the same UUID -- but not the same node?

What if I update one of the nodes?  Is the change represented by the other
node with the same UUID in the other workspace? Sorry I'm out to lunch on
this.

__________________________________
R U S S   D A N N E R
Architect