jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Satyaputra <f_satyapu...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: DbFileSystem and SimpleDbPersistenceManager - Connection and PreparedStatement
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:11:09 GMT
Hi Stefan,

> the .lock file has nothing to do with it. it just
> prevents
> multiple RepositoryImpl instantiation using the same
> configuration.
I see.

> write operations on the persistence layer are
> synchronized
> on a higher level in order to guarantee data
> consistency/
> referential integrity (e.g. node references).
>
> see SharedItemStateManager#begin, #end and #cancel
> methods.
I've checked SharedItemStateManager#begin, #end and
#cancel.

So basically SharedItemStateManager manages the
concurrency of the read/write operations by using the
ReadWriteLock - within the same thread? I notice that
the ReadWriteLock is being used in #begin, #end, and
#cancel.

Am I understanding this correctly? So it's not the
PersistenceManager's responsibility to manage the
concurrency of the read/write operation?

Cheers,

Felix