jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Satyaputra <f_satyapu...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject DbFileSystem and SimpleDbPersistenceManager - Connection and PreparedStatement
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:17:36 GMT
Hi All,

I've got a question about DbFileSystem and
SimpleDbPersistenceManager. It seems that these two
classes are holding on to the single db connection and
the bunch of prepared statement initialised during
startup (please correct me if I am wrong).

Is there a reason behind this? If the database
connection and prepared statements are pooled (using
dbcp, for example), would it break any compatibility
with the JCR specs?

If using connection pool would not break JCR
compatibility, isn't it better to just create
connection and prepared statements on the go? We then
can configure jdbc url and driver which points to
pooled connection like dbcp and proxool. The db pool
then can handle reusing connection and prepared
statements.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,

Felix