jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Perez" <mper...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: persistence manager and file systems
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:59:10 GMT
Not an expert, but I will try to answer as good as I can. Maybe an expert
can give you best answers.

i) one contra against the ObjectPersistenceManager is described as "if the
> JVM process is killed the repository might turn inconsistent". what does
> this exactly mean?

Probably because the objects are stored on memory and flushed on
session.save() calls or maybe on regular intervals. If you kill the VM, you
can kill the process in the middle of a save/flush operation.

ii) is the ObjectPersistenceManager depending on the CQFS file system?

No. As far as I know persistence managers and file systems are independent.

iii) one contra against LocalFileSystem is "slow on windows boxes" and one
> contra against DbFileSystem is "slower than native file systems". does
> this
> mean, that Db is slower than LocalFileSystem or is it really about a naive
> file system?

If they say that a database file system is slow than native file systems
then it should be slower than LocalFileSystem.

iv) are there any useful links about the CQFS file system? i googled but was
> not able to find helpful information (for example licensing)

As far as I know this is a propietary file system developed by day software,
so you cannot use it on open source projects.

Martin