From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Confusions about API's and Flavours in the documentation ...
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:30:52 GMT
Hi,

I think the documentation shouldn't talk about SegmentMK, specially
because such a class doesn't exist. Instead, I think it should talk about
the high level concepts "segment storage" and "document storage", plus
concrete implementations "tar file persistence" (based on the segment
storage), and "MongoDB persistence" / "relational database persistence"
(both based on the document storage).

I don't think we should use internal class and internal interface names in
the user documentation, as those can still change: it's an implementation
detail. And yes, it's confusing.

Regards,
Thomas