From Vikas Saurabh <vikas.saur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Document Cache Size] Is it better to have cache size using number of entries
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:42:31 GMT
> We use Guava Cache and
> it supports either limiting by size or by number of entries i.e. the
> two policies are exclusive.
Hmm.... I totally missed this point.

> So at minimum if you can provide a patch which allows the admin to
> choose between the two it would allow us to experiment and later see
> how we can put a max cap on cache size.
Ok, that can be done, but both the constraints have advantages. Having
just entry limit would make memory usage uncontrollable. I haven't
looked at guava, but should it not be possible to extend it to have
this type of functionality (constraining both size and entry count)

Thanks,
Vikas