From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject Confusions about API's and Flavours in the documentation ...
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:24:14 GMT
Hi,

After looking more and more into the oak codebase i feel sometimes a little bit confused with
the documentation.
I think the documentation doesn't reflect the reality in the codebase regarding the Microkernel
API and NodeStore API for the two flavours (microkernel / nodestore).

In the big picture we have the NodeStore Layer and underneath the SegmentMK, DocumentMK and
the KernelNodeStore.
I think SegmentNodeStore and DocumentNodeStore would be correct ??

One confusing thing is that the SegmentMK (also used in other pages) isn't really a implementation
but the DocumentMK is one.
DocumentMK is also used here http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/nodestore/documentmk.html
but i think this page describes more the
NodeStore API from the document flavour or not ?

A little bit confusing is also the configuration of a DocumentNodeStore. You will get a dependency
to the DocumentMK which belongs in my view to
the Microkernel API. Maybe it would be better to move the Builder to its own class so it could
be used in both API's.

greets
claus