From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Oak Training: MikroKernels/NodeStores
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 10:16:11 GMT
Hi,

>Since a CQ developer/architect must know the options for Oak
>architectures, I think the concepts of MikroKernel, NodeStore and
>DataStore must be part of the training. The actual APIs are not described
>in the training.

Well, at the moment, the MicroKernel and the NodeStore are purely internal
APIs. We might change (rename, whatever) those APIs without affecting the
users. That's why I would not document those. What is important and needs
to be documented is the Mongo storage, and the Tar storage. But I would
not use purely internal names, and specially I would not use the names
MikroKernel and NodeStore, because that already caused confusion in the
past.

The DataStore API is less internal, I think it's OK to document it. Even
thought, it's also problematic. I would just document that there are
multiple way to store binaries: store them in the file system as separate
files, store them in the file system inside the Tar file (for the Tar
storage), store them in S3, store them in MongoDB. The DataStore API is
only used for two of those cases: separate files, and S3. The term
"MongoDataStore" doesn't exist in Oak (not even internally), so please
don't use it.

Regards,
Thomas