From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1577449 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src: main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/file/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/http/ main/java/org/apache/...
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 06:06:02 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Chetan Mehrotra
<chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why the . extra subdirectory?
>
> The repository home folder is used by various components in Oak.

I consider this an unfortunate recent development.

Most parts in Oak have explicitly been designed to store all content
and configuration within the NodeStore/MicroKernel, which is why we're
able to localize all clustering, backup and other such concerns within
those backend implementations. That design gets broken if components
start storing data separately in the repository folder.

BR,

Jukka Zitting