From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow full text query performance and Lucene Index handling in Oak
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 13:16:48 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is that a common use case? To better simulate a normal usage scenario
> I'd make the benchmark fetch up to N results (where N is configurable,
> with default something like 20) and access the path and the title
> property of the matching nodes.

I changed the logic of benchmark in http://svn.apache.org/r1585962.
With that JR2 slows down a bit

# FullTextSearchTest               C     min     10%     50%     90%
  max       N
Oak-Tar                            1      34      35      36      39
   60    1639
Jackrabbit                         1       5       5       6       7
   68   10038

Profiling the result shows that quite a bit of time goes in
org.apache.lucene.codecs.compressing.LZ4.decompress() (40%). This I
think is part of Lucene 4.x and not present in 3.x. Any idea if I can
disable compression?

Chetan Mehrotra