From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1577449 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src: main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/file/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/http/ main/java/org/apache/...
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 06:48:46 GMT
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> I consider this an unfortunate recent development.

Not sure. There are some deployment scenarios where a shared
FileDataStore is a must requirement and thus we need to support cases
where blobs can be stored separately from node data. Yes it adds to
the complexity of backup but then such a feature is required then that
cost has to be paid.

Default setups currently do not use FileDataStore or BlobStore with
SegmentNodeStore. So as per defaults original design is still honored.

Chetan Mehrotra