From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Session concurrency warning
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 00:24:44 GMT
On 09.04.2014, at 07:15, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:

> On 9.4.14 4:12 , Rob Ryan wrote:
>> It would be appropriate to change the warning to warn about
>> concurrent reads as well. That would help highlight performance
>> risks.
>
> There is such a warning actually. The discussion here was about the incorrect warning
that is issued when writing concurrently.

So when 2 threads use the same session for read operations, then you get another warning ("concurrent
access")?

If the threads are synchronized, so one finishes its session operations, then the other thread
uses it (not in parallel), and when that other thread has finished, the first one again reads
from the session, would you get a warning then? AFAIC, the messages are triggered only when
it has to wait for another thread.

I know, concurrent use of sessions must be avoided. I am just curious to fully understand
the issue I am seeing.

Cheers,
Alex