From Davide Giannella <giannella.dav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoiding conflicts (OAK-1717)
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:43:22 GMT
On 23/04/2014 15:05, Michael Dürig wrote:
> On 23.4.14 3:34 , Davide Giannella wrote:
>> On 23/04/2014 13:59, Michael Dürig wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Davide,
>>>
>>> While this looks attractive at first I think there are several
>>> problematic aspects:
>>>
>>> 1. We need different implementations for this index depending on
>>> whether SegmentNS or DocumentNS is being used.
>> Yes that would be the case. For SegmentNS the current implementation
>> could be used without conflicts while if we initialise a DocumentNS we
>> provide a Mongo specific implementation during repository
>> initialisation.
>
> On the SegmentNS there is still a potential for conflicts between
> sessions. So we'd need some conflict validation there too.
Just for records. Worked a couple of days with Michael trying to
reproduce the issue with concurrent sessions on Segment and didn't
manage to reproduce it.

Here's the last try if anyone would wish to have a look.

https://github.com/davidegiannella/jackrabbit-oak/blob/a37707afc4cd0f44c784a56f52e41fe63547fd59/oak-jcr/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/OrderedIndexConcurrentClusterIT.java#L234

D.