From Davide Giannella <giannella.dav...@gmail.com>
Subject OAK-1717 reproducing the issue
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:06:44 GMT
Hello team,

working on OAK-1717[0] and trying to reproduce the issue in a systematic
way for the fix to come. So far I was not able to reproduce it. See [1]
for the initial code.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-1717
[1] http://goo.gl/Pt5lfN

By looking at log statements printed during the tests I can see the JVM
is executing a quite bunch of commits per thread reducing the
concurrency. Or it could be SLF4J playing tricks.

I have the following ideas around it

A) you identify something wrong in the code. Hooray! :)

B) Try using a fixed ThreadPool[2] hoping it will increase the
concurrency level

C) go into a complex implementation where using wait() and notify() I
control the concurrency forcing a "swap" of threads every X nodes.

D) Increase the number of nodes/threads and see if it does the trick.

E) reducing the `COUNT` part committing more frequently (currently 10).

WDYT?

D.

(2)
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/Executors.html#newFixedThreadPool%28int%29