From Davide Giannella <giannella.dav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1577449 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src: main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/file/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/http/ main/java/org/apache/...
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 07:30:56 GMT
On 02/04/2014 07:48, Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 11:36 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I consider this an unfortunate recent development.
> Not sure. There are some deployment scenarios where a shared
> FileDataStore is a must requirement and thus we need to support cases
> where blobs can be stored separately from node data. Yes it adds to
> the complexity of backup but then such a feature is required then that
> cost has to be paid.
I back this. Sharing immutable blobs between instances is a must have
for big repositories. I know that with mongo you can shard etc, but
still you're duplicating the space (other that there are functionalities
that address this in mongo).

Backup will have to be arranged separately with something like rsync or
netapp snapshots, etc.

D.