From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Request for feedback: OSGi Configuration for Query Limits (OAK-1571)
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:53:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to make some query settings (limits on the number of nodes read) configurable via
OSGi. So far, I have a patch of about 100 KB, and this is just wiring together the components
(no OSGi / Whiteboard so far).

I wonder, is there an easier way to do it? With system properties, it's just a few lines of
code. The disadvantage is that all Oak instances in the same JVM use the same settings, but
with OSGi configuration I guess in reality it's not much different. So: is it worth it to
have the 100 KB source code overhead just to make things configurable separately for each
Oak instance? If not, how could it be implemented? The Whiteboard is per Oak instance, right?

Regards,
Thomas