From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Oak Scalability: Load Distribution
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:15:24 GMT
Hi,

> Agreed, I think we should give it a try and compare how the two key
>formats perform.

Yes. This is specially interesting as it is a simple solution for OAK-333
(1000 byte path limit in MongoMK). Even if we find out performance is much
worse than with the current solution, we could still use the hash approach
for long paths.

Even if we use the hash code, we should still store the full path in each
document, so that recovery tools can easily dump the repository contents
even if some (parent) node documents are missing.

Regards,
Thomas