From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code style
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 21:50:50 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:14 AM, Davide Giannella
> <giannella.davide@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Question: why don't we use the maven checkstyle plugin?
> for what? we are quite liberal in coding style and respect personal
> preferences. the only checkstyle rules that make sense are the ones
> that find or prevent bugs (like avoiding .* imports).

+1

As a general rule, if you're changing existing code, stick with the
existing formatting (i.e. no line in a path should be about
formatting, unless the patch is explicitly about that).

If introducing new code, we use the standard Java coding conventions
(with spaces instead of tabs) as the main guideline, without
specifying or policing the formatting in any more detail.

BR,

Jukka Zitting