From Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code style
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:20:38 GMT

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:14 AM, Davide Giannella
<giannella.davide@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just spent some time in fixing formatting issues...
what would that be?

> ...for a pull request ;)
we don't use git directly but svn - so I don't really know why a pull
request would matter...

> Question: why don't we use the maven checkstyle plugin?
for what? we are quite liberal in coding style and respect personal
preferences. the only checkstyle rules that make sense are the ones
that find or prevent bugs (like avoiding .* imports).

> In this way it
> can check the styles (we could plug it in the pedantic profile) and it
> could even fail the build if some exceptions occurred.
we already have the RAT plugin for the license checks. what other
styles you want to check or enforce?

> As an additional value, IIRC, it should be possible in eclipse (and I
> guess IntelliJ) as well to create a formatter starting from the .xml
> file that configure the checkstyle.
as I said - personal coding style has preference...

> if there're no complains I'll file an issue about it and we'll implement
> in our codebase as soon as we have time.
feel free to file an issue and propose your suggested checks.

regards, toby

View raw message