From Davide Giannella <giannella.dav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to avoid nodes to be indexed
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:43:50 GMT
Hello Tommaso,

On 06/03/2014 14:32, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
> for my Solr (indexing) resiliency use case [1] I've implemented an
> extension of Solr client which is able to cache requests if Solr goes down
> and execute them back once the Solr instance comes back.
> Now if the repository goes down during the Solr downtime we loose the
> cached requests as they live in memory so we could write such queued
> requests down as nodes in the repository for persisting them and eventually
> fetch them once Solr comes live again, but then they may get indexed and
> that would lead to a loop.
> So I wonder if there's any way we can tell the repository we don't want
> some nodes (based on e.g. primaryType and/or path and/or property
> existing/missing) to be indexed, whatever an IndexEditor is supposed to do.
AFAIK OAK doesn't index by default. Therefore if there'll be no index
definition for the properties/nodes that you are creating it should not
be a problem.

Of course we have the nodetype index that should index every nodetypes.

Never tried explicitly but the indexes themselves write in nodes under a
hidden node: ':index'. I'm guessing that we don't index any hidden node.
I would try by storing your nodes under some hidden nodes like:
/:solrqueue. Or whatever other place other people will see more fitting
the purpose.

View raw message