From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Drop TODO.java
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:30:08 GMT
hi all

in an attempt to clean up our utility folder, i had a quick look if the
TODO class
introduced with OAK-193 is still used.

while we originally used it to mark mandatory features and allow us to
start
integration testing without having those features completed, i think we
should
aim for dropping the TODO and mark the missing features with a regular
UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException.

right now the only usages left are in the version related code and afaik
the only crucial but missing features marked with the TODO are:

1) VersionHistory#removeVersion
2) Proper support for OPV INITIALIZE  (VersionableState ll 106)

so, my suggestion would be to fix these two open issues before releasing
1.0
and replace all other TODO usages by
UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException,
namely

- VersionManager#merge
- VersionManager#cancelMerge

- VersionManager#doneMerge