From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:55:53 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 4:11 AM, Chetan Mehrotra
<chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note here I preferred using the callback to get LM access the outer
> layer services instead of using a custom config.
>
> The custom config mode works fine in standalone case where the
> application is the sole user of JAAS system. Hence it works fine for
> Karaf/OSGi env But that might not work properly in App server env
> where app server itself uses jaas. So to avoid interfering in embedded
> mode callback should be preferred.

The problem with using a CallbackHandler for such things is that it
forces the client code (that controls the CallbackHandler) to
understand about the LoginModule implementation. Thus you can't use
such a LoginModule with a client that relies only on the standard JAAS
API.

As mentioned in a previous message, it's better to use the options map
that comes from the runtime environment and can thus be controlled
without touching the client code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting