From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:59:08 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> This thread indeed raises the question, why Oak has to come up with something (the Whiteboard)
> that is almost but not quite like OSGi instead of going all the way through ?

This is a misunderstanding; we're not trying to reinvent OSGi.

The Whiteboard interface is *only* an abstraction of the whiteboard
pattern described in
http://www.osgi.org/wiki/uploads/Links/whiteboard.pdf, and is used
only for those cases in Oak where that pattern is useful. When running
in an OSGi environment, the Whiteboard simply leverages the existing
OSGi functionality.

The Whiteboard in Oak is not a generic service registry, and is not
supposed to become one.

BR,

Jukka Zitting