From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:48:16 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> True, but if we want to write LoginModules what work in both worlds,
> then we need to offer a common interface to access to services - and
> that's currently the whiteboard.

But it isn't. When running in plain old Java, the DefaultWhiteboard
only contains a small subset of services that need the dynamic
registration/lookup functionality of the whiteboard pattern. Normal
components whose wiring can be achieved with direct object references
are not kept in the Whiteboard, and can't be looked up through it.

This is by design. We don't want to reinvent OSGi.

BR,

Jukka Zitting