From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Securing Workspace#copy
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:02:54 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> - flag the copy-target like we do it for the move operations
> - perform the low-level copy (as we do it today)
> - create commit hooks that

Sounds way too complex and error-prone to me. I didn't want to comment
during the call as the brainstorming could have resulted in some new
ideas here, but so far I don't think we have anything that would be as
clean as implementing the copy using a simple content traversal on top
of the access control layer. Even perfomance shouldn't really be an
issue here, as with the MongoMK you in any case need to create new
documents for the new nodes and with the SegmentMK the travesal is
really fast -- and as in both cases the large binary values that would
be most costly things to copy are in any case copied by reference.

> maybe we also want to discuss on whether or not it would make sense to
> define the copy operation on the oak api to be also a singular 'workspace'
> operations as it is the case in JCR... this would prevent us from ending
> up having nested and complex combinations of copy, move and other
> modifications in the same commit.

If we treat copy as suggested above, there should be no need for the
extra complexity, as from the repository perspective the copy would
look like an import.

BR,

Jukka Zitting