From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 15:26:26 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 2:42 AM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> currently there is not way to access the whiteboard from within the
> content repository - only if it's added from the outside to the
> plugins.

That's the intended design. The whiteboard mechanism is an abstraction
of the OSGi BundleContext and works similarly; i.e. the code that
instantiates/manages a component is expected to pass the
whiteboard/context to that component if/when needed.

> For example, I would need access to it from within a LoginModule.

If you already have access to a ContentRepository, then why not use
the same mechanism to pass the Whiteboard instead of using a
ContentRepository method for that?

BR,

Jukka Zitting