From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:30:39 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> in case of the LoginModules, that's not possible.

But accessing the whiteboard is? I don't see what's special about the
whiteboard, it's just a service dependency like any other.

> This is ok for unit tests etc, but there is currently no way of
> "configuring" Oak. So there is no ootb "run.sh" that will start your
> oak server. If we ever want to go there, we need to define how to get
> there. We can shift this problem to Sling and let them provide such a
> server, or we can start your own "launchpad". currently, you need to
> compile classes in order to configure your server. if this is ok, we
> can stay with the current setup and hard-wire all dependencies.

That is OK, at least that's been the plan so far. It doesn't make
sense for Oak to reinvent a component framework like OSGi or Spring.
Instead Oak components should be usable within any such framework, or
even in plain old Java.

> The problem is, that the whiteboard that is initially initialized in
> Oak() already has some anonymous overrides for delaying stuff.
> So when passing a non-osgi one externally, this logic is lost,
> although it might be needed.

Right. I guess we should refactor that part of the code to avoid the overrides.

BR,

Jukka Zitting