From Davide Giannella <giannella.dav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 09:05:07 GMT
On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@apache.org> wrote:
> ps: I still think we should turn the problem around, and make
> everything OSGi services and start a small OSGi container for the
> runtime :-)

I was thinking the same tonight. I was going to ask why (any
historical decisions) Oak in the oak-run doesn't use a simple
bundled-up OSGi container and runs the related jar, that are already
OSGi bundles, in it.

It would make for example a lot easier to inject a CommitHook like a
custom index. So far the only way to achieve so is to recompile the
oak-run adding .with(new MyIndexProvider()) while I'd rather add a
Service implementation the OSGi whiteboard.

D.