From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Make "Whiteboard" accessible through ContentRepository
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:35:26 GMT

On 9.2.14 6:49 , Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Davide Giannella
> <giannella.davide@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It would make for example a lot easier to inject a CommitHook like a
>> custom index. So far the only way to achieve so is to recompile the
>> oak-run adding .with(new MyIndexProvider()) while I'd rather add a
>> Service implementation the OSGi whiteboard.
>
> Some of us prefer to recompile the jar. :-)

Because this usually works, while starting up an OSGi container and
deploying bundles usually results in getting tied up in manual
dependency analysis and class loader debugging, which is quite
distracting if you just want to run a quick benchmark. Well that, my
experience anyway.

OTHO I agree that we should probably make an OSGi option available since
this is our primary deployment scenario.

Michael