From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: writing a new DocumentStore implementation
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:53:40 GMT
Hi,

My preference would be to only have one blob store implementation for all
databases. I don't mind if it's called SQLBlobStore or DBBlobStore. This
one implementation could work with all kinds of databases. I know there
are small differences, for example the data type name (BLOB for most but
BYTEA for PostgreSQL and VARBINARY for MS SQL Server). But those few
differences could be handled within the implementation itself, with a
switch / case on the database type. The database type itself can be read
once when initializing using DatabaseMetaData.

Regards,
Thomas