From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: writing a new DocumentStore implementation
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:08:53 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> That's very helpful - I guess the next question is: are there any
> non-historical reasons why we still have the KernelNS and the MicroKernel
> interface?

Not much, they haven't been actively developed for some while now.
Since the MongoMK now implements the NodeStore interface directly,
only the old MicroKernelImpl implementation still needs the KernelNS
wrapper.

There is still some interest in using the MicroKernel API remotely
through the HTTP binding in oak-mk-remote, so for now we still need
the MicroKernel interface. There is a reverse wrapper class called
NodeStoreKernel that allows a NodeStore implementation to be used with
oak-mk-remote, and over time I think it might be useful to implement
the HTTP binding defined in oak-mk-remote directly on top of
NodeStore.

BR,

Jukka Zitting