From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EditorProvider after Oak construction
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:39:12 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Dominique Pfister <dpfister@adobe.com> wrote:
> I’m working on an application packaged as an OSGI bundle that would perform some validation
and
> store some auxiliary data in a node whenever a stream is saved in one of its properties,
so I’m
> thinking on creating some CommitHook (or an EditorProvider) that would be able to compute
> the auxiliary property.

An EditorProvider is probably better for this case, as it adds less
overhead than a full CommitHook.

> Now comes the problem: in my setup, the Oak repository is created with some Hooks/Providers
> on startup, and AFAICS only Observer’s can be added/removed after that, is this correct?

If you expose your EditorProvider as an OSGi service, Oak should
automatically pick it up and apply it to any new commits. At least
that's the intention; I'm not sure if the OSGi binding yet does that.

BR,

Jukka Zitting