From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: writing a new DocumentStore implementation
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:51:56 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:37 AM, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> Are the different stores historically emerged or do they have simply different functions
?

They have different functions. I updated the diagram in
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/big-picture.png with some extra
detail about the responsibilities of the stores.

> and where will the Jackrabbit DataStore fit in ?

It would fit among the other low-level stores, acting as an optional
alternative to BlobStore or parts of SegmentStore. By default Oak
doesn't use a DataStore, but for backwards compatibility or
functionality reasons (S3 DataStore, etc.) it will be possible to run
Oak also with a classic DataStore.

BR,

Jukka Zitting