From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: remaining test failures
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:21:08 GMT

On 10.1.14 2:53 , Julian Reschke wrote:
> On my slower machines, the tests usually pass. On my 64 bit i7 desktop,
> I occasionally have test failures:
>
> A) Observation
>
> testSingleMixin(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.MixinTest): Path
> /testroot/node1/prop1 not found in events.
>
> testMultipleMixinOnNode(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.observation.MixinTest):
> Path /testroot/node1/prop1 not found in events.

I can't reproduce those. Looking at the code I can make a few guesses:

- There might be a race in the test cases: in the presence of "spurious"
events preceding the expected events:
org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.observation.EventResult#getEvents(long)
will return the spurious events instead of waiting for the expected
events in this case.

- If this only happens with the SegmentMK it might be causes by an issue
I stumbled on last week. See http://markmail.org/message/gk55nt5rg7owxuw6.

Michael