From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1556371 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core: AbstractRoot.java MutableTree.java
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 14:29:22 GMT

On 7.1.14 10:51 , jukka@apache.org wrote:
>       public void rebase() {
>           checkLive();
> -        if (!store.getRoot().equals(getBaseState())) {
> +        if (!store.getRoot().equals(getBaseState())) { // TODO: do we need this?
>               store.rebase(builder);
>               secureBuilder.baseChanged();
>               if (permissionProvider.hasValue()) {

Not any more I think. This might be a leftover from the time rebasing
was handled on the Tree/Root layer. Today it would be better to leave
this kind of optimisation to the layers actually performing the rebase.

However, removing this check seems to uncover a problem with the
SegmentMK: it makes
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.core.MutableTreeTest#modifiedAfterRebase fail
for that fixture. For some reason the status of a modified node changes
to existing after a rebase, which is wrong.

Jukka, would you be able to look into this?

View raw message