From Laurie Byrum <lby...@adobe.com>
Subject Enabling/Exposing Lucene's MoreLikeThis search in Oak
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:46:40 GMT
Hi,
The software I'm building currently makes use of Lucene's MoreLikeThis [1] facilities in order
to match users' searches with Nodes in a JCR repository. MoreLikeThis gives us much better
results than, for example, simple full text search.

We have currently implemented this by having our own Lucene indices. For efficiency and simplicity,
we'd prefer to instead use the copy of Lucene that is already built into Oak. To do so, I
think Oak would need to have an indexer configuration for this. Oak would also need a way
to pass such queries through the jcr query api. I talked to Michael Marth about this: he suggested
that we would need something similar to "rep:similar". I believe the current rep:similar can
only take a node to be matched, as opposed to text to be matched, so it isn't exactly what
we need. It is very close, though.

Any thoughts? I filed [2] for tracking.

Thanks,
Laurie