From Matei Stefan Chiperi <chip...@adobe.com>
Subject OAK-1217 - support for QueryStat MBean
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:03:36 GMT
Hello,

I’d like to work on the OAK-1217 [1] issue, so we can have queries statistics in Oak, too.

My first attempt would be to replicate the approach existing in Jackrabbit:
- declare a StatManager which logs each executed query and its response time.
- declare a QueryStatManagerMBean which would provide access to the statistics gathered by
the StatManager.

I have one problem though, the StatManager was defined in the RepositoryContext in Jackrabbit.
As there is no RepositoryContext in Oak, my question would be where would be the best place
to define such an object.
My idea would be to define it in the QueryEngineImpl, and it would either be a static field
or the StatManager class to be a Singleton.

Is there any more suitable place / approach?

Thanks!
Matei