From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Package deployment check for locking leading to large no of small branch commits
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:46:51 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Chetan Mehrotra
<chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
> So not sure where the fix is to be done. Should lock check be also
> restricted to version at which session is pinned or one needs to be at
> latest revision?

Since the lock checks are normally used to synchronize work across
sessions, it doesn't make much sense for it *not* to refresh.

Instead I'd look for a fix in steps 3 or 6:

3. Does the ImporterImpl really need to explicitly check for locking,
or would that be better handled by a commit hook? The same applies BTW
for the versioning check.

6. Since there's no need for a branch to be visible to any other
clients, a branch commit could (and probably should) remain in local
memory unless or until the transient space grows too large. This way
the performance overhead of the refresh should be minimal.

BR,

Jukka Zitting