From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Oak search/query.
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:59:54 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> Will the search index contain access control information or will the
> search results be filtered as each result is retrieved ?

The results will be filtered after the index lookup. It would be
possible for a custom search index to do the access checks already
when building/updating the index, but even in that case the query
engine would still double-check the access rights (the benefit would
be to avoid having to retrieve and then discard many inaccessible
hits).

> If the number of terms in the query exceeds the number of terms
> supported by Solr, does the Oak handle that transparently ?

I'm not sure, you'll need to look at the oak-solr indexing code. Or
perhaps Tommaso who wrote the code can chime in here.

BR,

Jukka Zitting