From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Oak search/query.
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 10:42:02 GMT
Hi all,

2013/12/6 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> > Will the search index contain access control information or will the
> > search results be filtered as each result is retrieved ?
>
> The results will be filtered after the index lookup. It would be
> possible for a custom search index to do the access checks already
> when building/updating the index, but even in that case the query
> engine would still double-check the access rights (the benefit would
> be to avoid having to retrieve and then discard many inaccessible
> hits).

by the way, probably there's room for some optimization, e.g. very simple
idea: exclude paths at depth 1 (children of root node) the principle is not
able to read (which may mean adding them to the query passed to the Index
implementation), if any, then you'd always have to apply fine grained ACLs
on the result but maybe excluding some branches from start may help.

> > If the number of terms in the query exceeds the number of terms
> > supported by Solr, does the Oak handle that transparently ?
>
> I'm not sure, you'll need to look at the oak-solr indexing code. Or
> perhaps Tommaso who wrote the code can chime in here.

sure.
What limitation are you exactly referring to? Is it the BooleanQuery max
clause limit [1]?

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] :